Monday, September 22, 2008

Intervention Time

Tonight is the night. On one hand I have Brett and the Jets and on the other I have "Intervention". Maybe it is really time for my friends to gather together and perform an intervention on me because of my addictions. First of all there is my football addiction, which by the way I am not giving up. That one hurts absolutely no one. It may make my blood pressure go up on occasion but in the grand scheme of things, I'm good with it. Second is my addiction to "Intervention". Other than the fact it coincides with Monday night football, I can lead a normal life and still watch the show. Besides football, it is my only "must see tv". Again, no harm, no foul. Next is Starbucks. You know you have a problem when you pull up to place your order and they say hey Michelle. Then they give you your cup and it has your name on it versus what you ordered. That is like Norm walking into Cheers. The way I see it, there is no bar that would begin fixing me a drink before I sit down and I will not be locked up for drinking Starbucks and driving. Until a Starbucks purchase determines if I will or will not be able to buy groceries for my child, I see no problem.

These are all addictions and do not prevent me from working or being a mother. Now there are some character flaws of which I am well aware. The fact that I am aware of the problem areas is a step in the right direction. I will most likely have to handle these one at a time in a future blog.

Do you need some new photos or family portraits? It would make an awesome Christmas gift. If so check out my cousin's website: mistyhudsonphotography.com or her blog mistyhudsonphotography.blogspot.com She has a great eye for detail and is always looking for new places for her shoots.

Patiently awaiting my intervention,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: