Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Bucket List and Other Lists

Wow, I am back home and can't wait to get me new systems in place for my business. Unlike many other "how to" seminars, this one is truly doable. I can't wait to talk to my friends and family. The Ninja system will actual allow me to talk to the people I already like more often and add a jump-start to the business.

Speaking of things to do. As I was driving home today and singing to the top of my lungs, I remembered that I had not yet seen the movie, The Bucket List. I do enjoy Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson and so the movie has to be good. I can also visualize my best friend and I having a list of things we want to do before we die and actually trying to do those things. That made me think of a new show that starts this fall. I think the name of it is The Ex List. From what I've seen of the previews, it could be quite funny. Apparently there is a single woman on the show and she can't find a descent guy (you see why it grabbed my attention). Her friends had her make a list of all of her ex boyfriends and she is to go out with them again to make sure she didn't toss out "the one". Maybe she just wasn't in the right frame of mind when they initially dated and she needs to take another look. You see my ex boyfriends list could fit on one of those little flecks of paper that falls on the floor when you tear a sheet of paper out of a composition notebook. So in my case, I wouldn't have enough material for an entire season of shows. A 30-second ad during the show would pretty much cover it. What is even sadder is the fact that I would have to pay to air it.

Here is my take on comparing the movie and the tv show. One is about the things you want to do before you die. The other is about things you have already done, stopped doing for a reason and for some reason want to do again. This in itself would have qualified as a chapter for that book I started writing with stories my friend Donna and I have discussed about our lives. I'll tell you about stories in the unfinished book someday.

Here's to doing only what you want to do,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: