Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Did President Bush Read My Blog?

Have you ever heard the saying "don't beat a dead horse"? Well, I'm one of those people who find it necessary to beat a dead horse. Not literally of course. Donna and I have discussed the fact the we both have that quality. According to her, the stench alone would make most people run for the hills. Not us. We say, was that a dead horse? Let's turn around a take another look. That would not be enough. Let's get out of the car and look closer. Thus, yesterday's blog continues.

I really think President Bush read my blog yesterday. As I was listening to his address so much of what he said I have pondered. So if you didn't catch the Presidential address, just read my blog from Tuesday.

New thought for today. My friend Hannah and I were talking about the book "A Million Little Pieces". That was a controversial one. It was written as a true story and then after the author, James Frey, was on Oprah; it was uncovered that some of the book was untrue. Ok so some of it was not true. That did not take away from the fact that we thoroughly enjoyed the book. Enough so, that we even bought the next one titled, "My Friend Leonard". Actually I gave it to Hannah for her birthday that year. We loved that one too. If you haven't read these books, and have some time on your hands, go pick them up. Both can be a bit choppy, but once you get into the style of writing, it flows very well. Then again, I'm a bullet-point kinda girl.

A big shout out to the people who have friends that are as fabulous and dear as mine are. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Here's to friends and an upturn in the economy,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: