Sunday, September 21, 2008

Corn Hole

I'm back. I had beyond a doubt, the most exciting time this weekend. I found out Friday afternoon I had a ticket to the ECU-NCSU game. This was thanks to my cousin Misty who came through in about five minutes flat after my request to go to the game since she was going. I got to see her friend Kristy again who I think is also fabulous. We'll get to Kristy again in a bit.

Now let's talk about the folks from Roxboro. I am accompanying Misty and Kristy on their usual tailgating affair. This was no bring your bucket of KFC tailgating. No sir. This was top of the line, RV, flat-screen TVs, pig on the cooker, all the sides you could ever imagine tailgating. A big shout out to Stan (from Roxboro no less) for his hospitality. I told you I would get back to Kristy. I was introduced to the game of Corn Hole. Not knowing what to expect, I was a bit worried about playing Corn Hole. What you do is toss bean(maybe it's corn) bags into the hole on a wooden platform. It is set up much like horse shoes but you are trying to toss these corn bags into the hole. Being the green corn hole player, I was last picked for a team and Kristy was stuck with me on her team. Call it beginner's luck, but Kristy and I are the corn hole champs. I forget how many games we won. Oh yeah, that's right, we played seven so of course we won seven.

I can only hope that I get invited back to this afternoon of fun!! Now that I know where Roxboro is on the map and how great the folks from Roxboro are, I may just have to road trip to the town some day.

Thanks again to all for such a good time. I didn't even mention the game. What a game! It just doesn't get any better.

May you all have the chance to play "Corn Hole", from one of the champs,

Michelle Perkins

1 comment:

Misty said...

Glad you had fun and I'm glad you found something that you're good at, Corn Hole!!