Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm Back

I took a little vacation from blogging. Since you have been calling and wanting to know why I'm not blogging, here goes.

For some reason, I will have this blog almost finished and then all of a sudden it is all deleted. Now this is making me a bit agitated but I'll keep at it.

Holy smokes, did you see that Carolina game today? Just watch the ESPN highlight reel and it will be there because it was one for the books.

Last night was the first Cotillion for sixth graders. Having a son, it was a battle of wills. After enduring more sighs than one mother should have to hear, he had on his "church" clothes. Who ever knew having to wear a belt could cause one so much agony. Since he is only 11, I could not possibly go down the road of why don't you just try wearing a bra every day. Then there was having to say, buddy tuck your shirt tail in please. He certainly must have thought I said, now we have to put 100 fire ants in your pants. He would have probably opted for the fire ants now that I think about it.

So we get there. I'm totally worn out by this point. He gets his name tag and goes in. Gosh, he looked handsome. I did get pictures before we left the house, since according to him, I could not take the camera with me.

It was time to go get him. He didn't realize I saw him talking to other kids and laughing before he saw me. On the way home, well before we were even out of the parking lot, his shoes were off and the shirt tail was out. Although he didn't want to let on to me, I'm quite sure he had fun.

Now, once a month, I know what is in store for me. The dreaded getting ready period prior to Cotillion followed by the oh so proud moment when he shakes his host hand and says thank you for having me. I'd endure fire ants in my pants for that moment.

It's always worth the trouble, when a child is involved.

May you all have those proud moments; whether of your child or some one else you love,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: