Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Saved $12.00 Over the Last Four Weeks

Real Estate is such an interesting, ever-changing line of work. I enjoy looking at homes, selling homes, crunching numbers, taking folks to get coffee and just talking. Today was really busy getting settled into my new routines and reflecting on the many ideas I learned from the Ninja Course I just took. It is going to be interesting doing things differently and in a fun way.

Now, I bet you are dying to know, how I saved $12 in a month. I had this habit of every week while checking out at the grocery store, I would throw into the cart one of those weekly what are the stars doing magazines. I got great pleasure out of reading the magazine. Yeah, I know I could have done other things with my time but it was a way to release stress. I'm not convinced that giving up that pleasure for a month was worth saving the $12. I've checked my pockets and have yet to find the $12. So was it really worth it? What I can honestly say is that I did it and from now on I am not going to be on automatic pilot and look for the magazine while checking out. It became part of my routine. Anything you do for at least 29 days becomes habit. I learned that at the conference. So now I have a different routine. It will be much easier to breeze through check-out without throwing a magazine into the cart.

I'll have $50 more than I would have had by Christmas. Maybe I'll add someone to my Christmas list. That someone could be you!!

Keep saving pennies,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: