Monday, September 29, 2008

If You Don't Have A Shovel, Buy One

Now we can talk crazy. Sometimes it is embarrassing to even say I have a degree in Journalism. I'm afraid I'll get lumped into the media category. I'm writing this blog as I make myself listen to the news. The media can put such a spin on any story and send folks running for the hills. Katie Couric, thinking she is the know all end all, is now trouncing on our Republican candidates. Could you at least be a little less obvious Katie? After all, you are to tell the story without bias. Wow those glasses you are sporting tonight are looking all too familiar. You just couldn't have Palin getting all of the attention, could you?

I think the next big investment will be anything that comes in a resealable tin can since we will all be burying our money in the backyard. Maybe I'll even invest in the companies that manufacture shovels while I'm at it. More shovels will definitely be purchased. Either to bury our money or bury all of the folks that are going to have heart attacks from this media circus.

When I first sat down to type, I was going to go with a totally different topic. Then lucky me, the news came on and I actually had the TV turned on. It started with the local news and I am certain our local channel searched all day to make sure they found the most hum drum person to comment on the economic situation. I would have rather listen to someone tell me how to boil water. Enough on that. If you missed it, be glad.

I'll actually get to that crazy blog one day.

May your shovel stay in the shed,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: