Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You Don't Even Know My Dad

I stayed quite busy at work today. I'm really proud of myself, being able to stay on task for such an extended period of time. Our boss gave us all the book "The Love Dare". He's such a great guy. Since I saw the movie "Fire Proof" this weekend I was excited to get the book that was mentioned; that was until I read the back and it says it is a 40 day challenge for husbands and wives to understand and practice unconditional love. Not quite sure I see the point in my reading it. I know, for future reference; not feeling it. Yeah, I know, you can use the philosophies in all of your relationships. I just now glanced at the first page and for the first day I am to practice patience. Now it is 7:30pm and a little late for that. I blew that one in the first hour of my day. The only way I can make that one work is if I can count 11:30pm to 6:30am as a day. I'll just have to start reading the night before what I'll work on for the next day, since I'm not a morning person. Then after I read it I'll have to put a sticky note on my alarm clock to remind me or I won't think about it again til at least lunch. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow. I know which way I would bet.

Oh, I got my letter informing me that I passed that exam. I guess I am as smart as I thought I was. So glad I didn't waste anytime studying. Oh, oh, oh .... my doctor called and my cholesterol was 157. Really.

Here's my one beef for today. I think it is obvious if a person is closer to 12 or if she is closer to 40. If there is a problem with a 12 year old, yes you would most likely tell her parents. If she looks closer to 40, you would tell her, right?

Tell me, not my dad,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: