Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not Sure What to Call This

Now that Carolina has a bit of a lead I can take a few minutes to blog. Either I have managed to dodge all of the crazy folks in Pitt County or they are just staying at home.

Friday at work our street was so busy. The Republican office is on the same street and people were lined up to get tickets to see Palin. I didn't have time to wait in line and therefore I did not get tickets. I wish the event were being held in the football stadium versus the basketball arena so more people could attend. Now I am left with reading the skewed version of her speech in the local newspaper. It will most likely not resemble anything that actually came out of her mouth.

I went to a great cook out this afternoon at my friend's house. They were having a get together for their office and lucky me got to go also. The food was great and I enjoyed seeing folks that I don't see often but about which I hear stories. It's always good to be able to put a face with a story.

I was talking to my friend Donna in Ashville who is in search of a better job. She said she had tweaked her resume' so much she didn't even know the person in her own resume'. Now that's funny. She even thought about adding that she was the marketing director for Walt Disney just to see if she could get a call from a potential employer. So if you are looking for a fabulous marketing employee in the Ashville area, just send me an email and I'll have Donna give you a call.

I've also found a way that makes it easier for me to get to sleep. Now this isn't in place of my sleep aid but in addition to. I have one of those gel mask that you can heat or freeze. Well I freeze my mask and wear it at night. It really relaxes me. I think what it actually does is make me think about how cold my face is and therefore I'm not thinking about stressful things. So a clothespin on your toe would probably have the same affect. The same type theory is used for those cereal commercials. They say if you eat a certain cereal for 30 days your cholesterol will go down. Hello, it's not the cereal that makes your cholesterol go down. It's the fact that you are not eating bacon or sausage and eggs every morning like you were.

Keep up the good playing Carolina,

Michelle Perkins

1 comment:

Misty said...

What? You didn't get a ticket and you were right there? I got mine and I can not wait to history in the making. First female V.P. ever!