Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just Enjoy the Ride

Well Palin has been to Greenville and now she is gone. I think she brought with her a great deal of energy and renewed support for the Republican candidates. I was not at the event but I did watch the live feed on the Internet. I certainly was there is spirit. I can't wait to see the pictures Misty took while there.

Interest rates have been cut again this morning which will hopefully give the public a feeling of stability or at the least a feeling of ability. It is a difficult time. Uncertainty generates fear. We as Americans should not have to live in fear. I think of the economic situation many times during the day and I am one of those who was raised to save for a rainy day. Although I have saved and continue to save, it is still unsettling. I have done the math in my head for many different scenarios. If I just had day to day expenses and not make unnecessary purchases, and had no money coming in, how long could I last? I could last for quite a while. However, like many Americans I do not want to merely last. I want to live and enjoy some of the things that make living a lot more exciting; such as taking trips with my son. Then fear creeps in. I think if we go on that trip and spend that money, what will happen if a big unexpected expenditure creeps up? That is no way to live. This morning I decided to go ahead and get my son's passport. Also since my home is nine years old, I will purchase a home warranty. After all, the ten year mark is when things do start to happen to a house. I don't consider this a bad investment and hopefully will pay off in the long run.

Trying not to worry too much,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: