Sunday, October 26, 2008

More or Less

I guess I have not been inspired to write lately, but since you asked for it (Hannah), here goes. I got the magazine "More" on Saturday. Yes its target audience is women over 40. I still have a hard time grasping the fact the issues they are talking about are aimed at me. Simply the fact that my name and address are on the little block on the cover is quite disturbing. Every ad is not for hip new clothing but for hip replacement (just kidding). The ads are for anti-wrinkle cream, products to make your hair thicker, wine and expensive jewelry. I'm good with the wine and expensive jewelry, but the others I could do without. Then, I got to the page where they interviewed Brooke Smith who is an actress on Grey's Anatomy. Now I have something to say.

If you don't watch the show, her character (Dr. Hahn) is getting involved in a lesbian relationship. It almost made me change the channel. Make all the references to a possible lesbian relationship but save me from the details. I'm quite sure the fan base of the show isn't watching in hopes that they get to see those poor choices of quality air time!! I don't want to see them kiss nor tell the other to take her clothes off. The real fans are watching to see the Dr. McDreamies. If the lady lovers take up too much more of the hour, I'm out. I have been on the same team forever. If my team isn't playing, I'm not watching.

Now I have to get back to reading about the average number of hot flashes I can expect to have in a day when the time comes.

Cool as a cucumber for now,

Michelle K. Perkins

1 comment:

Misty said...

I agree. They are going to be losing lots of loyal fans. A lot of the girls I work with have quit watching it b/c of the lesbian thing. And I'm about to quit myself.