Monday, November 10, 2008

Score: One to Zero

I requested prayer today for myself. I asked someone to pray for me to have some patience. You know I think it worked. Actually what I think happened is God taught me to stop talking when I should. However you can continue an internal dialog in your head. You actually feel much better and you don't offend the person to whom you are talking. It's a beautiful plan. I wanted to end several sentences today with dumb ass. I stopped moving my lips before it popped out and said it in my head, which produced the most sincerest smile on my face. Maybe it was more like a smile of satisfaction. Whichever it was, it was a genuine smile which was needed to make my point.

As I am typing, I am listening to the least joyous of noises. I have a somewhere on my street neighbor who is the oh so proud owner of a motorcycle. He apparently works nights somewhere because it is around this time every single night (I don't think he has had a day off in four years) that I get to hear his motorcycle. Maybe he thinks no one can hear it if he only starts it and takes off. No, no, no. It takes a least five minutes of revving nightly. He has now pulled away and I have tomorrow night to look forward to.

Next, I opened a statement from an investment account that arrived today. I kept telling myself, do not open it, do not open it. Silly girl knows she had to open it. I immediately felt physically ill. Not to worry right. I didn't need that money anyway. The president elect is going to send my child to college, right?

Lastly and the big one. I thought I may have seen something that would lead one to believe there is a mouse in the house. Not thinking that there could possibly be, I set a trap to prove myself wrong so I could feel all better. With all of the lights on everywhere in the house, I hear "THWACK". I think no way. I thought you only hear that noise after you have gone to bed and the lights are off and any creature would feel safe to venture out. I am now the owner of a very bold dead mouse. I am also short a set of tongs. I could not bring myself to get to close to the trap, so I grabbed a pair of tongs from the kitchen drawer. Trap, mouse and tongs are all in the outside trash, thank you very much. I only have one mouse trap left and one set of tongs. If these end up getting tossed, I'll be off to buy more. Somebody help me here. Will mice just keep coming? Shouldn't there be some kind of mouse limit? Don't these critters realize they lose several friends to certain houses. I think the empty house next door is drawing in unwanted critters. Maybe the mice are getting the directions confused and ending up at my house. This is a problem for one who is OCD when it come to cleanliness. For now, one point for the home team; zero for the visitors.

I'll let you know if there's another THWACK, hopefully not,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: