Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Call a Fireman

I couldn't decide if I was going to share my epiphany or not but decided obviously that I would. It's just sort of hard to come up with a starting point because you need some background information. So here you go. First of all I worked at Procter & Gamble for I think eight years which required me to don the "business attire" each and every morning. I stopped working at P&G to become a stay-at-home mom for the next eight or so years. Once you get accustomed to not "dressing up" every day you start to wonder how you ever did it. Now I am very lucky in that I only do the business dress when I have appointments. Even then at times it is casual depending upon how well I know the clients.

One day this week I did the dress up. I've determined that it's not the clothes that are uncomfortable, it is the shoes that pose the problem. So I'm at my house before going to work, running around with these uncomfortable shoes. We are getting to the epiphany I promise. Then I think, the shoes are not really that uncomfortable if you walk around like a lady. My dilemma is that I walk around like I am going to a fire. If I slowed down just a tad the outfit with the shoes work beautifully. Here's the epiphany. I'm talking to myself and answering at this point. Let's just say there is a fire. Where ever it is I am trying to get to so fast is on fire. It is burning to the ground. Hello, I am not a fireman so why do I have to be the first on the scene? So there it is. I'm slowing down. I slowed down so much today I took a nap.

Now I just need to find my happy medium and some semi-comfortable shoes.

Slow down a bit and take it all in,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: