Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's Go Furniture Shopping

Today I was sitting on the couch in my den and decided it was quite uncomfortable. It has after all sustained an 11 year old boy and a black lab for two years. Couches just don't last as long as they once did. Just because the couch could use replacing is not the reason for getting a new one though. I rarely sit on the couch but that is getting ready to change. A local furniture store was having a big sale last week and I tortured my son by making him go in there with me. We didn't buy anything because we didn't know at the time for sure who would win the election. The results are in and now we know who will be taking office. Therefore I will definitely have to buy a new couch, area rug and a nice tv.

After all once the president elect takes office and I get that big tax cut, a few stimulus checks and some free health care, I will be spending a lot more time on my lily white. I won't have to work so hard anymore. I can't be spending all day on an uncomfortable couch and watching a run of the mill tv. No, no. I think I'll even get a real comfortable bed too while I'm at it, cause there will be quite a few naps in my future. Oh my gosh, then spring will be right around the corner. I'll definitely need some new patio furniture and a hammock of course. Maybe no one else will catch on because if we all decide to sit at home there will be no one working to help pay my stimulus checks. Maybe I should just keep this epiphany to myself.

Come on over in January, we'll sit on my new couch and drink coffee,

Michelle Perkins

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I can't wait until January to get my tax cut!! Woo-Hoooooo!!!