Monday, November 17, 2008

My Perfect Day

I know many of you think you may have some idea of what you think would be my perfect day. Some are thinking I am at the beach, watching Brett play football, watching Kirk commentate football, shopping, sleeping late, Hudson doing his homework without my asking, watching Carolina basketball or reading a book. I'll admit, these are some of my favorite things, besides being the mom to the greatest kid on Earth (and Venus - we just finished our project on Venus tonight so I had to throw that in).

You'll first need some background for all of this to make sense. Last week, we had our monthly Ninja coaching session. This is courtesy of our boss at Aldridge & Southerland (I threw the company name in so one of my colleagues - Jim Weese - would have to read my blog). We had been through a few soul searching activities when we were asked to close our eyes and picture our perfect day.

I was taken aback when most of what I could see was unfocused. That's the best way I can describe it. There were only a few things that were quite clear. It was like I was watching a slide show because I wasn't in one place. All I could see were faces and they were all smiling. We were asked about what kind of car we drove and where we lived. I couldn't see a car. All I know is that it was dependable. I couldn't see a house. I just know that it was warm and everyone who came in the door I was happy to see. I must admit, there have been times in my life that there was a certain car I had to drive. There were other material things that seemed important too. Those things really don't matter anymore. All I know is my perfect day is one where all of the people that I care about are happy, healthy and know that they are loved. My perfect day was not a picture that you see on a canvas but it was a warm feeling deep inside.

Sure, I'm game for a sale at Ann Taylor Loft and I doubt I'll ever pass up an opportunity to go to the beach. Maybe I am getting older. Nah, I think I am getting wiser. I hope that doesn't mean senility is next.

May all of your days be perfect,

Michelle Perkins

1 comment:

hannah said...

sounds like a lovely day