Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Charge, Charge, Charge

I confess, I watched the news tonight. I still haven't watched Oprah and don't see that happening. I happened to see a clip where they were going to do a story on real estate bail outs and credit card debt. Let's say that I can let go of the fact that people signed up for debt that they couldn't repay. The plan now seems to assist those folks. Especially those whose homes are worth less than what they owe. What about me? Who is going to help me? The stocks I bought are now worth significantly less than when I bought them. Silly girl. I know you were trying to save money to send your son to college since he is your responsibility. I know you were saving money for your golden years so you wouldn't have to work until you are 110. Too bad, so sad; you are working until at least 105. Is someone going to help replace the money I lost. That would be a big fat no!! I know you resisted the temptation to go on great trips with your son and buy a high end car and instead put that money in a plan for the future. You may as well have bought that car!! At least I would have had something to show for the money.

Next, the government wants to help those down and out with credit card debt. I am sure there are some who bought groceries and paid for necessities on their credit cards. But let's face it, there will be a lot more people who will get that credit card debt assistance who have more electronics, high end clothes and just stuff that I don't have. I don't quite understand what the punishment is for not knowing how to live on a budget. Apparently it is oops, you messed up, we'll forgive a lot of that debt. Run along and try to get it right this time. I just wonder how many times those idiots will get to go through the help line before they are cut off. Oh I think I know the answer to that. It will be when the rest of us who watch our financial status and try to stay on track go broke.

I think I'll charge up the world, not,

Michelle Perkins

No comments: