Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Your Friends Say About You

Due to the recent increase of stress in my life, I have been taking a lot of long walks. I usually have my ipod for company but for a few days I forgot to charge it and was forced to think while I walked. Of course many thoughts run through my head. Honestly, it's like the ticker for the stock market. It just doesn't stop.

While in a class last week, the speaker said something that I had heard before and truly believe but it somehow got pushed to the corners of my mind. Well now it is back up front where it will stay. Here is the bit of advice. If you want to know who you really are, look at your closest friends. They are a reflection of you. I liked what I saw. We are not talking about your over 100 Facebook friends. We are talking about your circle. What do you see?

So feeling recently deceived, I took a look at the deceiver's closest friends. It was right in front of me the entire time. Yeah I wondered for a while and let that person be the person I wanted shim (gender neutral) to be. Not who shim really was. So many things make so much more sense now. Half of shim's friends were fictional characters. Come to think of it, I never met any of shim's friends. Hello red flag, didn't see you waving in front of my face.

One more life lesson learned. I know I have said it before but really, I do have the best friends in the world.

Like people usually come together. I like my girls. You know who you are. Some of us talk more than once a day and some of us don't talk as often but we know we are there for each other when it counts the most.

Michelle K. Perkins

No comments: