Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Enough - A Huge Word

Yes it is time for some therapy which means it is time to do some writing. This summer has been filled with the total spectrum of emotions. I didn't know I could cover so much emotional ground in such a short period of time. That made me start thinking about the word enough. We have all said "that is enough" or "I have had enough". This is often said when we have come to the end of our rope. How did we get to the end of the rope? I can tell you.

There were plenty of red flags before we had had enough. Those red flags consisted of statements like "this is good enough for now" or "this is just enough of what need". Let me tell you, if it is just enough, it is not enough. Why should just enough be enough? It shouldn't. It never will be enough and so don't kid yourself into thinking that it will.

I'm sure you have had enough of this, as have I.

Michelle K. Perkins

1 comment:

Misty said...

Enough said. That was good.