Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's Talk About It

I guess I just haven't felt like blogging lately. I got into that FaceBook craze and it started taking up way too much of my time. Now that I am happy with the number of friends that I have, I think I can back off for a while.

Spam Email really makes you think about if someone is really watching your online activities. Never fail, if I pay a bill or check a balance, I will undoubtedly receive an email about loans that are available for me or that my credit score has changed. It can be a bit unnerving.

I haven't yet figured out what spurs the colon cleansing emails or the how to lose weight emails. I have no desire to have my colon cleansed and if I lost ten pounds I would be virtually invisible.

Then there are the how to find love emails. Now this is a department in which I could use some help. Let me just say, those ads for dating sites that feature that drop dead gorgeous man with salt and pepper hair plus the smile to die for. He isn't on there. I have looked. I think it really is a 60 year old, could lose a few pounds, Harley rider that someone has spent quite a bit of time photo shopping. Oh yeah, I have looked and subscribed and am still single. After all, the real meaning of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I caught on pretty quickly and am saving money on that one. I did say one time the only way I would meet someone was if it was the UPS man making a delivery. Go figure, the day I got a UPS delivery was the day I was sick as a dog. I go to the door. There is Mr. UPS guy. He looked a lot like that drop dead gorgeous man in the dating site ad. There I stood, no shower, sweat pants, hair in a pitiful ponytail and no make-up. My one shot and I blew it. (Believe it or not, as I was typing this, I was notified that I have an email (Two Singles Want to Meet Me). I always feel like, some body's watching me. I have no idea why that song just popped in my head.

Wishing I could think of something to mail order. Give me another chance Mr. UPS Guy,

Michelle K. Perkins

No comments: