Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Equation for Life

In school I am sure at some point I learned every equation imaginable. The one equation that can't be taught but learned in parts is the equation for life. How much simpler would it be if we just had to plug in numbers? At some point in every week, we aways seem to be solving for x.

I think I need to get one of those big chalk boards and loads of chalk and continually be adding and subtracting. I've seen the mad scientist do it in movies and that stream of thought always in front of you reminds you of what you are working towards, which is x. In the movie, "City Slickers", with Billy Crystal, he was looking for the one real thing. Which is all we are all really looking for.

More often than not, we already have it. Our family and friends aren't variables but constants in our lives. These things don't change. Sadly, we focus on the things that we don't have and think that we need. I already have x and need to stop trying to solve for it.

I adore my x's,

Michelle K. Perkins

No comments: